Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Boldly, I set onward

It's my prayer that I can be bold. When I fall in love with Jesus every morning. When I can't help but see other people differently. When I notice myself changing, everything is amazing. I've started seeing my life in a new way. But when my teacher has no problem stating her opinions on gay marriage (she's lesbian) and abortion, and when all the other kids in my class talk about how religion in dating relationships only causes restrictions, I have a hard time speaking up. For one thing, it's 7:30am and I'm never totally alive that early. But I also really don't want to be the one who gets "the look" from my classmates and potentially graded down by my teacher. Argh.

I know I've felt the hint "you should say something" from Jesus once, but I mentally argued my way out of it. So my prayer is that I will have the strength to be bold and risk it all when He asks me to.

No comments:

Post a Comment