Saturday, February 6, 2010

Proverbs 31

I am thankful for the woman described in Proverbs 31. I was thinking today about a comment I heard recently regarding women and how if a man tries to lead in a relationship women consider it chauvinist. And that hit me hard because I know I'm a strong woman. I know I have opinions and plans and I'm driven. One of my mom's concerns for me has always been that I won't be able to let a man lead in my life.

I wrote earlier about how Deborah is one of my heroes because she was a mighty woman of faith. But the woman described in Proverbs 31 makes me super excited, too.


  1. She works hard! She not only runs her household but also has a job! (vs 24)
  2. She's smart! She uses her brain to make decisions (vs 16)
  3. She is generous! Always willing to give from what she has (vs 20)
  4. She is a strong woman! "Strength and dignity are her clothing" (vs 25)
Definitely someone for me to look up to. I just love the picture of how she's not just a low-key sweet girl who is weak and passive. Not to say that those kinds of women don't have amazing witnesses to everyone around them! I know some amazing women who aren't bold and straightforward. But it's possible to love Jesus and be a strong woman both at the same time.


Today's Evidences of God's Grace in my life:


SUN & SEATTLE. It's a glorious, sunny Seattle day. My whole family spent the morning in downtown Seattle and I can't get over how much I LOVE my city. Every time I see it, I attempt to look at it through the eyes of a visitor. The elegantly tall buildings backed by the shimmering Puget Sound. The height of the amazing Space Needle and the snow-dusted mountains in the distance. On this perfectly sky-blue afternoon, puffy white clouds floated across the sky. The hustle and bustle of the city life. It's a beautiful thing.

P.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment