Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Glorious


I rarely just stop and feel the glory and majesty of God. This morning I started  reading Seeing and Savoring Jesus Christ by John Piper and the whole first chapter is about the glory of God. One of the best lines is "We're all starved for the glory of God, not self." The sun is shining after a morning of rain. It's beautiful. The trees, the mountains, the lake, I love the Pacific Northwest. (even though I hate rain)

Yesterday I turned in my application to join the Police Explorers. It half scares me. Many reasons....one is it's my first step into potentially becoming a police officer and although it's exciting to me, it's also super scary. But I know it's what I really want to do. Second, I will be one of the oldest people in there, and the new kid. I always find that awkward. Especially when the person mentoring you is younger than you. hmmmm....Jesus may be teaching me humility. Third, I tend to be a person who does things right after practice. I have the discipline to sit down and practice over and over, but I don't do so hot at a trial run. And a lot of the Police Exlporers stuff is trial runs. So anyway I'm very excited about it and I think it's an awesome opportunity. I am just learning how to conquer fear.

Along with that, I think I might be getting sick. There's no good time to be sick. Especially when school is in full swing. So I have to motor on through homework and working nights...oh dear.

No comments:

Post a Comment