Monday, February 15, 2010

Lord, teach me to live

(Tell me she isn't adorable)

Last night the sermon at Mars Hill challenged me on a few levels. The first one is that right now is the time I need to be living for Jesus. Right now is when I should be investing in ministry and "pouring myself out" as Pastor Mark called it. When is a better time to learn from my non-Christian friends? 

At first, I thought "oh, I don't fall in to the trap of saying I'll do it later....I'm ALWAYS doing something!" But the relationship thing scares me. I don't know how to live in a way where I have an open heart to everyone, but can still stay strong in my own beliefs. 

Lord, teach me the difference between being a good influence and being annoying. Show me who you want me to befriend. Teach me how to live right now so that I don't waste this life. Teach me how to LIVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment