Saturday, April 28, 2012

Are we human or are we dancers?

This is my Friday afternoon. I was going to do Zumba with Katie, but my phone didn't go off to remind me, and I got lost in trying to catch up on my TV shows via Hulu while working on my thesis. I didn't realize how many professors would not be okay with me taking 6 minutes of their class time...crazy.

Anyway, it's been a productive week. Research on its way, Green Dot program all planned and ready for Wednesday, and we're having an area staff event on Sunday where we're all recognizing a member of our team. And I made my recognition thing for Bossman.

So this evening, I was not very tired, but trying to figure out a relaxing way to finish my night after doing a nice ab workout and watching some Friday Bride Day on TLC with my ressies. That's when I came up with the brilliant idea of searching YouTube for a short beginner yoga/relaxation exercise. Now, I've heard all kinds of things about yoga within the Christian church. Most often I hear it condemned. I understand where the spiritual/clearing your mind of everything/meditation could be not-God-honoring. However, when I've done yoga (and it's not very often) it's never for a spiritual purpose. Usually, it was for the workout and the fact that it's relaxing. So the jury is still out for me on what I think of it. I'm leaning towards it's okay--when done like any other workout or relaxation activity.

I was thinking about another thing. Passion. Not necessarially the romantic type. But my thoughts are going to take up a whole post, so I'll leave that one for tomorrow-ish.



No comments:

Post a Comment