Wednesday, April 25, 2012

It's not a cry that you hear at night, it's not somebody who's seen the light

I just got done reading my Bible. I'm reading through Isaiah because even though it's not an easy read, it's still God's word, and I want to see what He has to teach me. And every time, there's something new.

"For the look on their faces bears witness against them; they proclaim their sin like Sodom; they do not hide it. Woe to them! For they have brought evil on themselves." Isaiah 3:9
It seems pretty harsh,  but I think the point is that these people were being judged very severely by God because they were evil and not repentant. I was thinking just about conversations I have with my friends and we talk about all kinds of things that are sin! But instead of talking about them because we're confessing it, it's all about how good we are at it or what our friends have done. That's really not okay. Not only do I need to not participate in the conversations, I need to get away from them because the more I listen to it, the more I might start to think it's okay.

Funny how people think Isaiah and other old testament books are so inapplicable to every day life...really? I've always struggled at naming my own sin and I think Isaiah is helping with that...

Sometimes I feel like these ugly trees outside my window. They were beautiful in the fall, they're pretty gnarly looking right now, but soon they'll flower and be pretty again. There are ugly parts of life, but I know that Jesus is just using those parts to allow the flowers to blossom soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment