Friday, January 22, 2010

When You're Stuck in a Delicate Situation

"No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man. And God is faithful and will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able. But WITH the temptation will also provide a way of escape that you may be able to endure it." I Corinthians 10:13

I received some terribly disappointing news from my parents today. As I left for cg, I was flooding my car with tears. But I had prayed before receiving the ultimatum that I would be able to glorify God and do His will no matter how the situation worked out. Half way down the hill by my house, God provided a way of escape from the downward spiral I could feel myself going into. I turned on worship music and began singing through my tears. I remember a quote from my communications textbook "I don't sing because I'm happy, I'm happy because I sing." Half way to the cg house, a brilliant inspiration struck that will both make my parents happy AND me happy (although it will mean I'll be gone from 8am-5:30pm twice a week) and I think it's a God-honoring compromise.

I love the way He shows Himself when I ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment