Sunday, January 24, 2010

Above Reproach

One of the goals of my life is to live a life above reproach. I am a sinner, I am a broken person, and I know I will epically fail time and time again at this goal. But that doesn't mean I can't strive for excellence. 

Let me be straightforward about some of my shortcomings. I don't always have other people's interest ahead of my own. Heck--I don't usually. I get mad sometimes. I can get very jealous and dissatisfied.

So with that out in the open, I still try. I want to live a life where--even with my faults--people can look at my life and SEE there's something different. Because I feel so free. I know Jesus knows I fail at being perfect every day, and he forgives me every day. So I can keep trying to show my love for him through my life. And I'll do that by taking life on the high road above the tempting, fun path.

No comments:

Post a Comment