Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Joy in exhaustion

I don't really have a good reason for it, but I am exhausted. Mentally, physically, emotionally. I'm in the mood to sleep for a week, and it's Monday. God, grant me the strength to make it through this week of tech. In some ways its been nice to not have any responsibility besides school and teching the show. I know I'll miss Brian and the crew once it's over. BUT I miss the income from work, I really miss my cg and church, and it's kind of strange being on campus 12 hours every day.

However, last night I made a mistake (a complaint to the tech manager about how we sat around for 2 hours doing nothing) which I had to remedy today. And I realized that I have no reason to be in a bad mood. On the other hand, I have every reason to be joyful. I am healthy when most of my classmates are sick. I have a shorter drive when many students have long commutes. I have 5 amazing and fun classes and look forward to going to school every day while most students hate school. I have a cg leader (and his wife :-P) who are generous in letting me sleep at their place this week. I have gas in my car. I have a computer that I can use any time of day or night to complete assignments. Over all, I've been pretty blessed, so I am finding joy in exhaustion.

Lindsay, one of my amazing friends from cg, sent this to me on Facebook:

"Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth does not become weary or tired. His understanding is inscrutible. He gives strength to the weary, and to him who lacks might He increases power. Though youths grow weary and tired, and vigorous young men (and women) stumble and fall, yet those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength; they will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Is 40:28-31

No comments:

Post a Comment