Monday, March 29, 2010

But I NEVER do that.

Last night's sermon on legalism hit home (like Pastor Mark's sermons usually do). But the one last night focused on legalism and anti-legalism. At first, when I hear the term "legalism" I think "I go to Mars Hill. We're the least legalistic church I know." But then I kept listening and realized that legalism is any sort of rule that we add to the Bible. I am praying that Jesus will show me areas where I'm legalistic, because I know there are things that I place importance on, that the Bible doesn't. I just can't think of them right now. One could be not going to church every week, or working on Sunday.

However, God is good, and loving, and gracious, and continues to want to be in relationship with me--even when I add things to the beautiful story He wrote.

Evidences of God's Grace:

  • preliminary results from an audition
  • recognizing growth in my life
  • time to be still before the Lord
  • kids and their wittiness
  • Emily Yeaton, her school friends, and Jill Bakke and late nights doing ridiculous things
  • blogs which make me think

No comments:

Post a Comment