Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A broken mess, just scattered pieces of who I am

Disappointments show our true colors. Yes? I mean, everyone's had their share.

Today, my day started off with my brother waking me up by pounding on the piano. Something I've asked him many times not to do. I've been waiting for 2 e-mails all day and only one of them came. Also, my mom informed me that the one class I was really looking forward to all quarter (Advanced Acting: Greek scene study) was going to have some "objectionable content" in it and that they wouldn't pay for it. i.e. I can't take it anymore. Then, I had the Explorers meeting tonight. The one where I was potentially going to officially become part of the group. I got there, waited fr 15 minutes and eventually figured out it got cancelled. But I was never told. So with two hours to burn, I set up a last-minute Skype date with a friend I haven't talked to in a while. As I'm flipping open my computer, she texts me and tells me her plans changed and she has to cancel.

Yeah, I'm a bit bummed right now. It's like nothing could go right today. And of course nobody knew that, so they weren't trying to ruin my day, but it still hurts nonetheless.

So I'm going to sit here, in my empty house and meditate on my morning reading (amazing Psalm...check it out), make myself a cup of coffee, and dance just because I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment