Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Old vs. present

It's funny how priorities change. Today I got to talk to a person who is awesome and with whom I have shared some of my best moments. She's also been there through my lowest moments in high school. And then when college hit, although we're still friends her best friend is now on her college campus and I'm discovering the value of the people here. It's still great to share life with her, but I don't feel like I'm a priority anymore. And although it took me months to accept that--somehow I'm okay with it. I wouldn't mind being one of her best friends again, but that'd take quite a bit of make-up work. She was one of the last to know that I've completely changed my career goals (which was a HUGE development in my life). And talking today was kind of awkward. Just because we know so little about eachother's lives right now.

To be fair, my priorities have changed too. Not sure exactly where they are right now, but spending time with Jesus is back up on the list. And I definitely still love her. She's a great kid, and God's doing some awesome things in her life! Now I just get to view these things as a spectator instead of as a partaker in the change.

Evidences of God's grace...a kiwi from Jill, dinner/dessert with Allen and Kalee, the ability to join the Explorers even though I can't commit a full year, answers to questions I've had for weeks, Bond learning agility commands quickly, knowing I will see Josh for Christmas (!), Emily Yeaton, coffee and talking with Emily Yeaton about life and now we have what Caroline and I used to have, pictures from Jill, Jill being home again, endurance to keep running every day, John Piper, Christmas cookies.

"(as Christians who love and serve Jesus) we will choose 'rather to be mistreated with the people of God than to enjoy the fleeting pleasures of sin'" --John Piper, Don't Waste Your Life
May that some day be said about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment