Monday, December 28, 2009

My hero (2)

She'd be the first one to say that she doesn't deserve to be a hero. Just an ordinary married girl who loves Jesus. That's how she'd describe herself. But she is a hero, a mentor, and someone I very much want to be like.

Heather Day

She was the first person to talk to me at the Avondale cg. I was petrified of walking in that door, but she was very welcoming and made me feel right at home. She was the first one of the bunch who gave me her number and I knew right away that she cared. Heather introduced me to the group and she's the main reason I stayed.

One of my favorite things about her is that she really loves Jesus and is willing to pray for me. She knows about as much of my life, if not more, than my other good friends. And I'm not one to share easily. But I feel like I'm safe with her.

I want to be as genuinely caring, honest, friendly, and in to Jesus as she is. Shhh don't tell her, though. She'd just laugh and say she doesn't deserve it.

Evidences of God's Grace:
warm bread and garlic butter
talking with Peter
an awesome new picture of Daniel
my flat iron

1 comment: