Friday, July 16, 2010

Ow

I went to the doctor for my annual check-up. (I haven't had an annual check up in 4 years) I highly dislike doctors. The office smells nasty--that super sterile smell that they try to cover up with spray stuff from a can. And then you sit and wait and they tell you you're not going to die any time soon...which they can't really know because THEY don't control it, God does. Anyway my doctor told me that my stupid shoulder problem is rotator cuff tendinitis. That's a verbose way of saying I have issues and should stop doing push-ups as soon as the shoulder starts hurting. I also got (a) shot in my shoulder, so now my left arm will be sore all day.

In other news, my ride-along yesterday was great. Got to see what being a Redmond cop is really like. I don't think I'm allowed to go into details, but the siren is loud, the car goes really fast, and after a few hours I didn't even feel the Kevlar vest. My officer advisor is a great guy, and it was cool to see him work. AND he said he's going to try and get me some time with the K-9 officer...which would be amazing.

That's about it. I finished reading James and decided to go read some stories, so now I'm discovering the ever-faithful God of Exodus.

No comments:

Post a Comment