Friday, November 27, 2009

This Day I Thank You, Jesus


It’s been SO long since I’ve posted. But I’ve been hit pretty hard with how unthankful we are as a culture. On my Facebook yesterday, I posted “thanksgiving should be a lifestyle” not just a holiday. I attempt to remind myself of how blessed I am by once a week or so having my journaling be a list of evidences of God’s grace. Let me share some of my recent ones:
  • Jill Bakke–a faithful friend
  • an amazing community group and its leaders
  • a warm, safe house
  • getting a 95% on a hard paper
  • breaks in between the rain clouds
  • laughing with co-workers
  • dinner with Allie Dunham
  • provision for our community group’s Halloween neighborhood party
  • rest
  • Caroline Forsythe’s determination to be happy at Hillsdale College
  • satisfaction with performance of my monologue
  • Mars Hill Church
  • peace during arguments
  • Emily Yeaton and Heather Day praying for me
  • great times in The Word
  • recognition of sin
  • health
  • courage to read my Bible at school
  • stamps to mail cards
  • sun
  • Thanksgiving with my whole family
  • $102 in tips the day before Thanksgiving
  • Christmas music
  • a day in downtown Seattle
  • courage to pursue scary, but potentially life-changing possibilities
  • my kids at Echo Glen
Enjoy your weekend–I’m going to really try to keep posting on here, even if it’s just to post the evidences of God’s grace for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment