Friday, May 14, 2010

Seeking Summer

I'm in the middle of my quarter. The majority of my friends are at school with me, but there are a ton of good friends who aren't. Those who aren't at BCC are done with school for the year. Pretty much all of them. Now I know they started earlier, I know that in my head. But it doesn't make it any easier when you're sitting on Facebook reading status updates and more than half of them are about how great it is to be out of school. What DOES help is when those friends take the time to ask how school is going for me, and not accepting a general/broad "it's ok."

You see, the sun is glorious. And it's shining outside my window. And its days like today that I marvel in the pure beauty of our great God. I can see tall, powerful evergreen trees. Delicate, lavender blossoms. Intense, clear sky. And I think about the cool, sea wind of the Seattle waterfront. And it's beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment